Fly Fishing Forum banner

Weird. Dumb. Strange.

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Bwana 
#1 ·
On another site, I just got done reading where a guy was going fishing in his pickup, and smelled something burning. Stopped and checked the back, but couldn't see anything wrong, so continued.

When he got to his destination, he found that a section of his 13 foot rod had somehow popped the cover off his dome light, and got tangled in the fixture/wiring, and the end of the rod section MELTED! Now, he's wondering if it will be covered by warranty.

Something here just sounds strange to me.... Why wasn't the rod in a rod tube, for one?????? Or does he always travel with loose sections in the back of his pickup????

BobK

#2 ·
dumb, maybe, but weird and strange??? Maybe if he got a burn on his ass or something.
If you lived only a short drive from fishing, would you break your rig down completely after every outing? I bet that most people that live only a few minutes away don't. I bought bootfoot waders just so I can beat my buddy down to the good spot. "You can't out run a bear...".
I accedently stuck a tip in an empty light socket at the shop once. YIKES! Good thing it had a cork grip. It gave me a great idea. We could install a ceiling fan over the bamboo rods. "You break it, you buy it...shoulda asked befor you took it off the rack.":tsk_tsk:

#4 ·
Eddie said:
It gave me a great idea. We could install a ceiling fan over the bamboo rods. "You break it, you buy it...shoulda asked befor you took it off the rack.":tsk_tsk:
There is a small tackle/fly shop on Cape Cod that has a display
rack with fly rods at the back of the store. There are some
pretty expensive rods on that rack. And there is a ceiling fan
overhead.

#8 · (Edited)
Brang 'em on!!!!! I got's sumtin' fer 'em!!!!!:whoa: :whoa: Just tellin the truth!!!!:hehe:

Sages are good rods, but they're wound tooooooo"TIGHT" fer me!!!!!! I got's nothin' against Sage users,,,,,,ceptin' what an ANCHOR and CHAIN wouldn't take care of!!!!!:rolleyes:

What do ya 'spect,,,,,,,,,,I'm a "SCOTT" afficianado myself!!!! :smokin:

DAN lolololololol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.