Fly Fishing Forum banner

Like New Pair of Scott Rods & Ross Reels

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  ebportman 
#1 ·
Hello my name is Eric Porter, and I have a pair of new Scot Rods, and a pair of Ross Reels that I need to sell. I purchased these new when working at Brooks Lodge in Alaska in 2002. At that time I was in college and still a bachlor so I had plenty of time on my hands, and I envisioned really getting into fly fishing. Now, I am a married with a demanding job and I just don't think I am going to have the time to go fly fishing. Below is what I have.

1) Scott POW'R PLY Rod, Model #G803, 3 Wt, 1.9 oz., 8', 3-piece. The serial number on this rod is 192052. It also comes with the orginal hard tube case. I used this rod three times, but it is in absolutely pristine condition. You wouldn't know it was ever used, if I didn't tell you. I paid $420 for this rod in 2002, but will sell for $300 plus shipping.

2) Ross Model 1 Gunnison reel w/ extra spool. This reel was used with the above rod three times as well, but it is also in perfect condition. I paid $250 for this reel w/ the extra spool, and I am asking for $175 plus shipping.

3) I also have another larger Scott Fly rod. It is a High Performance, 9 Wt, 4.5 oz., model # HP889, it is 8' 8", 3-piece. The serial number for this rod is 191433. It also included the orginal hard case. This rod is brand new, I have never used it. I paid $650 for it in 2002, and I am asking $475 plus shipping for it.

4) Finally, I have another Ross Reel. It is a Canyon Big Game line, Model 5. It is brand new, and also includes an extra spool. It is engraved with "Brooks Lodge 2002". I paid $600 for this reel setup, but I will let it go for $450.

I have pictures of each item if interested.

You contact me via email at ebportman@hotmail.com

See less See more
#5 ·
The prices are a little high IMHO. You should look for completed auctions on eBay for these items to get an idea what people will pay.

If I had a few hundred extra dollars lying around I'd be interested, but unfortunately, I don't! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.