Fly Fishing Forum banner

South Bend 290

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  x2mt 
#1 ·
This South Bend 290 rod was left to me 20 years ago and I have not used it, not even once. I have decided to start letting some of my stuff go. I have been told it is a "wonderful taper". It is in very special and untouched-up condition. It is a 7 1/2' two piece, comes with an extra tip, mint condition labeled green rod sock, and complete original labeled fiber rod tube. The tube is a bit marked up but solid. All guides are tight and in place with excellent wraps on all pieces. The two tips are identical. The varnish and cane is in excellent condition with no cracks or splits. Markings are: South Bend No. 290, 7 1/2 FOOT, Line Rec. E or HDH. Hookkeeper is present. Thumb depression in cork grip is missing the South Bend label but otherwise the grip is excellent. All the rod is original with brilliant colored varnish and cane as can be seen in detailed pictures. All pieces are straight. I believe this to be a truly super South Bend. Feel free to email me with questions or for pictures at: JNKMT@ISP.COM . Price is $375. plus $15. shipping / insurance in USA only. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.