Fly Fishing Forum banner

Borski #2- Bonefish Slider

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  striblue 
#1 · (Edited)
Hook- #4 Gamagatsu.....Wing-Pearl Krystal flash over clear craft fur barred with olive marking pen..... Hackle- long, soft grizzly, palmered over the rear half of the hook and trimmed on the bottom......Eyes- lead, yellow and black pupil, painted as in #1.... Collar- Dark deer hair on top...... Head- Natural and light deer hair, spun and trimmed flat. The finished head should look mottled, coloration with olive marking pen..dotted. Be sure to apply a light coat of epoxy over the eyes to keep them from chipping.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Dick... I hope he would... practicing tying flies from different tyers only helps me get better.... I think.... when I copied flies from your book, I struggled with many of them since I did them from the recipies and the picture..not a step by step method...plus I did not have all the materials and, as you might have seen, took the liberty to make some material changes...but it was a good process for helping me with different styles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.