Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bags

13K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MartyG 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

I am curious if you could share your ideas of the perfect bag with me. Doesn't matter if chest pack or rucksack or more traditional kinds...

I'm asking this because I recently lost some of my tools while crawling to a good spot (and I'm heavily doubting if loosing that stuff was worth that nice fish I caught after sneaking through the bushes towards it... well actually it certainly was...) :hihi:

However, now I'm simply looking for a wise hint from you guys.

I'm not looking for a specific product, but am planning to make one myself (a friend of mine owns a company where he produces bags for merchandise, if you wonder how I make one "myself").
So if you ever stood in the water thinking: "A magnetic ply patch on my bag would be perfect now." or "Wow! Magnets are way better than a zip." (for example), I'd appreciate.

Thanks and greetings from Germany, Fariös.

#2 ·
I love the Orvis Sling. Could be any makers sling. Weight is carried on your back and you can cast with no issues and they hold a surprising amount in a compact area.

Also I like that you can snug it up high if you get in deeper water when wading which I do a lot. That's a great feature.

Marty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.