Fly Fishing Forum banner

Juro's Big Adventure!

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  striblue 
#1 ·
So Juro - Tell us how you day went in trendy Newport at the Saltwater Edge Fly Show!

#2 ·
Hi Ray it was good seeing you again. Glad you stopped by just as I was showing your ad!

Seriously, the event was stellar. Peter Jenkins' tireless energy made this a truly great event for the Rhody angling community, although it was hardly limited to just Rhode Island anglers. The function hall was often packed with people. It was great to break the winter spell with the spring-like morning temperatures (while they lasted).

I am always inspired by the skills and stories of the top-notch people who were displaying their skills around the room (you saw the star-studded list on the website).

Special thanks to Jeff Roop who manned the booth all day with me. It was great to see the familiar faces of Bob Pink, Steve Moore, Tom Dunlap, Jim, Fishhawk, Dennis Savage and of course Capt.Ray just to name a few. I was able to enjoy some quality time with many of the folks exhibiting as well because Roop was covering the bases.

The fair was great... but then the reception at the Saltwater Edge flyshop after the event was incredible!

All in all it was a fantastic event and I can't thank Peter enough for inviting us to participate.

I will post a photo gallery tomorrow, check back then.

#4 ·
Oh to tie like Mr. Pink!

I like that stuff used in the Catherwood giant killer styles. Hopefully I'll even catch some fish this year!

A great day, met some great people who I hope will be joining our community.

Many thanks to Peter & SaltWater Edge!

Roop

#7 ·
John -

The thought occurred to me to play a practical joke and change the date of the show. I was going to send you a private e-mail to that effect. Decided not to do it though.

The effects of your Chatham striped bass fishing prank has still lingered in my being. Sending me on a "wild goose" chase was unforgivable.

By the way, my tally for the day 5,000 Canada Geese. Most were located on golf courses.

A word of caution John, Watch your back (cast)side.

#8 ·
Now ,now Ray, you wouldn't want to hear about a lecture given by a guy Named Ray S. about how he hung around with Earnest Hemmingway.. You know ,somone setting up a lecture at a local sportsman club using your name... I can see it now, as you race up to the lecture after hearing about it at the last moment, charging in to uncover the imposter. But.. it would work, because you would be there ,wouldn't you, and not only that but you would be totally unprepared as the group says, "well as long as your here,you might as well do it". But since you you let me off the hook I would'nt do it. Hmmmmmm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.