Fly Fishing Forum banner

Cuba Bones??

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  petevicar 
#1 ·
Does anyone have information on bonefishing in Cuba, especially near the Varadero area. I was there last spring and saw what looked like a bonefish flat near the resorts, but could not get any informaiton. Anybody able to shed some light in that. Thanks

#3 ·
Must be the best Bonefishing in the world. Matt Hayes had a documentary about it on the Discovery chanel, it was called: "Buena Vista Fishing Club". The best place for Bones would be las Saliñas, a national park with exclusive fishing. We had a guy having a commercial talk about guided tours to there a couple of weeks ago in the Netherlands.
As I understood correctly, he advertised with the statement that it is still quiet and unspoiled, due to the fact that it´s prohibited for Americans to go to Cuba :tsk_tsk: I didn´t understand that statement that well, but I concluded that it is somehow not allowed by Bush to visit Cuba and then come back to the States??
Well, Google on Las Saliñas and Bonefish, maybe that gives you some info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.