Fly Fishing Forum banner

Great Lakes get-together (SW MI)

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Jamey McLeod 
#1 ·
I know this is short notice for most, and it is on a holiday weekend. It looks like a small group of us are getting together on the St. Joe at the Berrien Springs dam on May 26th for some casting and fishing. Just got off the phone with the local Sage guy and it looks like we will have some of their sticks around to demo, and possibily a few others. There are already a dozen or so guys that said they will be there, I wasn't going to post anything, but I figured it would be a good chance to get some time on the water with some new rods, hang out with some old friends and make some new.

Drop me a PM if your interested, or just show up, and I apologize for the short notice.

Already have a grill offered up and a few burgers. I have a few packs of Brats in my freezer I could bring along.

#3 ·
Just got confirmation that Peter Humphreys, THCI, Guideline pro staff, and Muskegon River guide will also be attending the event. He will be bringing along some Guideline equipment, doing a demo, and helping out with individual casting.

This thing is really coming together.

Thanks Doug and Peter for getting this together.

#4 ·
I usually like to pop in on these shindigs when I can but I will be on business travel then immediately moving a family member by truck thru that weekend. Tough to do it on Memorial even without obligations but have a great get-together!

#5 ·
Thanks Juro,

This was a last minute thing and has really ballooned in the last week. If it goes well maybe next year we can set up some private casting lessons, and/or demos ahead of time with some of the THCI guys. Your presence would be very helpful with the great surf fishery in the area and the interest in casting flies from the beach.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.