Fly Fishing Forum banner

Fly Boxes. Well, sort of.....

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Fly-Rod 
#1 ·
As with most people in my working class, I can't afford to buy all of the cool stuff, like spring loaded door fly boxes and such that will, (in my mind) make me a better fisherman and a world class angler...:rolleyes:

With a wife, 5 kids, a house, two cars, food and higher gas prices, there hardly seems enough money to support my fly fishing needs.:rolleyes:
However, we (as humans) have been able to overcome such things by applying a little creative thought...

Go to the drug store and look for plastic pill boxes...
You know, the ones with S-M-T-W-T-F-S on the lids...
These are cheap, water tight containers that will hold many flies and fit into the big pockets of your fly vest very well...
They also have the round, stackable pill boxes that work well for nymphs and small drys...

Chech it out.
The worst you can do is save yourself some $$$

#4 ·
I use the floppy 3 1/2 plastic boxes that carry about 5 disks (50 cents, Office Depot). Just glue foamy sheets on both sides, and there's a great size nymph or midge box that can hold up to 100 flies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.