Fly Fishing Forum banner

July 4th best bet in Monomoy/South Beach area

3K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  J Wee 
#1 ·
Will be taking the boat ride to Monomoy or South Beach on July 4th. Any suggestions on where to find fish that doesn't look like the Beaverkill Junction pool on opening day? Willing to walk as far as needed. Familiar with South Beach, but never been to North Monomoy, so would appreciate any guidance on spots to try (e.g., which way to go from where the boats drop you off). Thanks.

J.

#4 ·
Then I guess you don't need this secret spot info afterall :devil:

I would go to S/B on a day like July 4th because:

a) crowded conditions == less impact (matters less)
b) two sides to fish, not to mention the inlet
c) dramatically more room per person
d) just as many fish, often more
e) easier to figure out and succeed

Well, soon the fish will separate the men from the boys out there as they enter their most finicky phase.

#14 ·
I may be there too - the job change has taken on a new dimension which means I will in all probability be around for the rest of the summer - yippeeeeee :D

Busy week-end sounds like a good time for a death march :devil:

#16 ·
Juro...you know we could probably do one at short notice if we can get the people... why don't we try for next Saturday..I will look at the tides but...maybe Friday.... I think we could get 7 right now and we could certainly fill in the rest..... Ya baby..lets do it....

#22 ·
Rip Trip:

We need to set up a couple of optional days in succession in the event of weather and also be prepared to make an 8 mile walk if a change in the weather causes our pickup to unable to reach us. If you are still interested, read on :hehe:

4th, 5th, 6th, 7th - are all decent days time wise, although the tides aren't ideal.

Rip Ryder has two people waiting to jump in on a trip, if we do not fill the boat ourselves they will fill the empty seats.

We need 10 people, $30 per person to charter this special trip.

Tyler
Striblue
Adrian
Kush
Juro
(2 Rip Ryder folks)

Nathan, J. Wee - are you interested in this trip to the tip or just the south beach fishing? I can't tell by reading the thread.

We have room for 5 FORUM members, if only two additional commit we can book the boat with the 2 who left their names with Ed.

Once you commit to this you will owe Rip Ryder $30 regardless of whether you go or not (in other words the boat is $300 for the trip).

:eyecrazy:

#23 ·
Juro,

What a great idea... As much as I'd love to join you guys, I think I'll have to take a rain check. I have a wedding reception to go to in CT the night before, so there is a fairly good chance that I won't be in Chatham at 7:30 AM. I also need to spend some time with my family who will be with me in South Beach, so I'm stuck with SB on the 4th.

Thanks for the invite and good luck to you all!

J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.