Fly Fishing Forum banner

New Yak

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  joev 
#1 ·
Got out the new yak on Sunday it was great.Its a WS Tarpon SOT.
Anybody thinking of a yak of this type has to try one .Its fast and stable.Also tracks well.Turns great to.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm in the market for a second yak so my wife can come out and play. I looked at the Tarpon when I bought the Pungo and thought it was slick. I'd pretty much made up my mind on a second Pungo (easier for my wife and I to carry two identical boats down the lane to the river) but I think I'll have to look at some other options. The SOT would be great in the summer months.

#6 ·
SOT yak

Wish I had gone out on Sunday but have had a bad cold. Now the weather has changed for the worse. I just got a Cobra Fish and Dive SOT and can't wait to try it. It is very roomy and has plenty of storage space. Looks like you can stand on it if you wanted and has a capacity of 600 pounds! it was highly recommended by others in a couple of forums. I'll post the results of the maiden voyage!

#7 ·
FredA I also have a Pungo.Wife will use when we go.Tarpon is 60 pds but carry handles are pretty well balanced.Making it easy to lug around.I thought having 2 different yaks was the way to go .But after taking out the Tarpon think the Pungo might not see to much action.It turns and handles just as easy.Much easier getting in /out.Also much easier to paddle.If the Pungo is a 9 for stability the Tarpon is a 8 at least.Was very impressed with it and I love my Pungo.
joev

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.