Fly Fishing Forum banner

Cat Island Christmas?

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Swalt 
#1 ·
I will be spending Christmas on Cat Island with a large family group. Everyone will be doing pretty much their own thing exept for Christmas Day and evening meals.

My own thing is bonefishing. I have spent time on google earth adding waypoints to my hand held GPS. Also searched and visited boards to find information. If anyone has any info on Cat Island they would care to share it would be greatly appreciated. Most of my time will be spent exploring the southern part of the island. I may visit Orange Creek one day but but not sure if it is worth the trip.

Anyone know of a good Island or Reggae Christmas album?

Thanks

#2 ·
Cat Island

I would visit Orange Creek for the fishing but also because it's a great drive and you'll see alot of the island. You could also check out Alligator Point on the same day. For that matter doing a quick drive by of Pidgeon Bay Beach Club would be worth it if only to consider it for a future trip. Don't miss Mount Alvernia Hermitage. The climb up is great and the stone building is incredible.

Also check out Fernadez Bay for dinner. It's a really nice place.

I PM'd you with additional info.

#6 ·
Thanks Marty, As things stand now I am not sure we will be making the trip. A big part of this trip was to celebrate my parents 60th wedding aniversary. Dad, 88, fell and broke his hip about a month ago and developed other complications in the hospital. Not sure if he will be able to make the trip which puts a real damper on it for the rest of us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.