Fly Fishing Forum banner

North Carolina Trout Streams?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jhicks 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I'm heading down to Asheville, NC next March--can anyone recommend a good trout stream or two in that area? I've heard there's some good streams in Great Smoky Mountain Nat'l Park.

Thanks,
Mike

#2 ·
how's this for a mouthfull. without a doubt northcarolina/georgia has the best trout fly fishing in the country, period. you should check out the nantahala where you can find great fishing right off the road or the davidson river where the fish are big but fussy but it's right next to a national park with some of thest trout fishing as far as numbers that i have ever experienced. if you are looking for giant trout (20"-28") check ou north georgia-nacoochee bend, noontootla farms, soque river, hog hollow etc. you ought to look at unicoi outfitters web site. they'll set you up in both north georgia and southern north carolina. best kept secret in fly fishing in the country. check out north georgia trout on line. [pm me for guide references.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.