Fly Fishing Forum banner

Spring clave cell phone list?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  sickb4st4rd 
#1 ·
Who is collecting and distributing cell phone numbers for the spring clave cell phone list?

Q

#3 ·
No Problem!

Anyone who wants to be on the cell phone list for the Spring Striper Clave please send the following by Private Message:

Cell phone #, Forum user name, real name (optional), the dates you will be attending the clave, and the latest date/time you will have access to private messages.

I will make a list of the names, numbers and dates of attendance as I get them, and I'll send replies with a copy the current list prior to the last time you indicate that you will have access to PM.

If anyone has suggestions for additional info that should be on the list please feel free to chime in.

Quentin

#5 ·
Gseries69 said:
Most probably have access to email via cell phones as well. I would include email addresses.
I can do that. If you want to have your email address on the list just send it with the rest of your info.

BTW -- I'm planning to head to the Cape very early Saturday morning. I'm planning to do my last update/distribution around 9:00pm Friday night so try to get your info to me by then, however, I will check for new PMs just before I depart and will do another update if necessary.

Q

#7 ·
juro said:
Q - you're the man. We should all drop a fly in your box as a gesture of thanks at the clave.
Thanks Juro -- but before anyone gets too grateful or generous, please let me clarify that I am only collecting and distributing the cell phone info. I'm not the guy who will take the calls and distribute the info when the fishing begins. As much as I'd like to be the hero with the intel, I simply do not have the capability to take on that role. OK, I admit it . . . my cell provider is AT&T :eek: . I don't remember if they have the blue map or the red map on the TV ads, but it is definitely the map that has all the gaps in coverage. Even if I could expect to have a signal at any given time, my phone will be in in a zip-loc in my fishing bag and there is no chance that I will get to it before voice-mail kicked in, if I could even hear it in the first place. I will check for messages periodically (especially if I'm not catching anything :hihi: ) and will call the people on the list if I find some good action. I will also pass along info that is provided to me, but it probably will not be real-time data.

If anyone would like to be the info dispatcher (and worthy recipient of fly contributions), please let me know and I will make a note of that when I distribute the cell phone lists.

Q

#8 ·
Understood - the fly gesture is just for collecting the numbers.

The way it's worked in the past, people call for two reasons...

1) to see if anyone is doing well because they aren't crossing paths with migrating fish. Fish are moving fast right now so it's catch as catch can.

2) to let others know they are finding lots of fish and it seems like it will continue. Usually those who they talk to at the dinner, or have received calls from earlier when you didn't have any news to offer.

The calling has never gotten out of hand, and there is no dispatch, it's just a wild card in the pocket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.