Fly Fishing Forum banner

Off topic, Cell phone?

4K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  BigDave 
#1 ·
I've been a luddite in getting a cell phone and now face the high probability that I will have to get one. So I ask the informed tech gadgeteers of the forum, what services are needed from the phone Co, and what features are needed on the phone.

#28 · (Edited)
Very interesting article in the New York times on cell phones.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/10/technology/10PHON.html?th

Newer 'gee-wizz' stuff maybe the wrong answer to may users questions. If you need to 'log in' to read the article, registration is free (and bless them almost zero spam!).
fae

Post Script: Hal nailed it with this comment: "P.S. If you get one never bring it fishing with you on the water. A cardinal sin." I'm forever amazed at howmany business calls I get on the weekend/evening/on the river from someone who just has to know!!!! some mundain bit of info.
fae

G
#29 ·
What if you were to fall while fishing and break a leg, or a family member turns gravely ill.

Here in the GL's you can turn in a snagger by calling an 800# and get the DNR out pronto.

A cell phone would be a blessing, it may save your life.

#30 ·
A prime reason to bring one fishing is to avoid the annual fight when I walk in the door to the sounds of screaming kids, sick wife and "DID YOU HAVE FUN FISHING.... WHERE WERE YOU I CALLED THE OFFICE OVER 2 HOURS AGO....." :hehe: And answering yes doesn't help the situation.

#31 ·
I find my cellphone to be extremely helpful in keeping me out of hot water with the little lady :smokin:

My cellphone stays in my car. I never want to be available 100% of the time. Power button is key.

I agree with Hal that cellphones have no place on the river or on the golf course. Nothing is more irriatating than some clown standing around on the tee box, slowing up play, chatting away...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.