Fly Fishing Forum banner

Eleuthera again ...

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Walker 
#1 ·
Off to North Palmetto Point to rent the terrific house I had last year Feb 23 to Mar 1. This is east coast 20 minutes from Governor's Harbor.

Last year many of you offered tips and yet I still ended up hitting the beach in front of my house and Savanah Sound. A cold front, wind and obviously a poor technique kept the SS bones safe from me but the ocean front produced.

If anyone has any more tips for southern Eleuthera please drop me a note. And if anyone plans on being in the area let me know. Friday night fish fry in GH is a must.

I'll be hitting Anegada (BVI's) Jan 10 to Jan 19. Hopefully I'll catch some good tides and less wind than usual.

Thanks - Marty

#2 ·
I should be on Anegada up until around January 15. We live at Cow Wreck Beach - ask anyone for Walker.

Here's a little video from last week - I call it a comedy of errors. Hooked up on a tarpon with drag too loose, backlashed my reel; wrapped line around rod; and - right at the end - my knot at the fly fails!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcKUuFhuUGg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.