Fly Fishing Forum banner

One more weekend

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mikez 
#1 ·
The fish gods have not been smiling on me recently. I have spent most of the last 2 months pursuing little tunny and have yet to hook up, I have neglected bass and have spent countless hours perched on the end of jetties to no avail. The best shot was last Sat, but with a 40 mph wind that held the rod fully loaded and ready to make a forward cast, the fish stayed 80 ft away and the best I could do was to punch out about 40 ft. The tides are perfect for an early morning attempt this weekend. It is past time for me to be sitting up in a tree with my bow, checked my stand on Sun, and there is no doubt that I could go and spike a deer pretty easily. So I intend to give it one more weekend, 3 mornings to make or break the FA season. Anyone gonna be in the area of Quonny or Weekapaug over Columbus day?
Slinger

#2 ·
I don't think I can make it down this weekend but I hope the albies run at your feet and all those other guys on the jetty say no Steve I insist you cast first, we'll just try to stay out of your way.

Good luck, hope you come back with reports of a hookup.

#3 ·
Sadly I can't make it this weekend either.
I will be down the following weekend for the whole weekend camping at Burlingame. I was hoping to run into you at some point. I'll have my youngest son Daniel with me and he's heard about your exploits and and seen your pics from his big brother.
Maybe you could put in a cameo appearance at some point.
Hey! I've got an idea! Hows about you go out and spike you a nice slab o' venison then showup at the breachway with the beast in your truck? That would give Big D a thrill and raise the height of the Slinger Legend among the junior Z boys! Of course I will carefully explain that yes, Mr Slinger does eat the venison but no, he doesn't really eat piping plovers. He'll understand, I've shown him a piping plover before - there's no meat on 'em! No doubt they have that yukkie liver flavered dark meat like the woodcock Gramps shoots [he only shoots them to make the dog happy, Buddy hates to see birds fly away unmolested].

But I digress! Come on down at least to share a soft drink and a bite of pan fried striper bites. Campfire stories are as important as fish landed on that kind of trip!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.