Fly Fishing Forum banner

Fly Swap Discussion

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Doc Duprey 
#1 ·
I would like to start the off season with the next series of fly swaps...With the first ending by Xmas. I am placing this post here to make sure we get maximum views ,but will use the archive to follow up... I wanted to get opinions on what we do this year, what the level of participation would look like, and what "themes" people would like to do.. Last year we picked some basic groups... and I am not sure we finished the last swap on"Original Flys"... How do you want to proceed? Can we improve on anything? I thought the maximum of 6 flies worked well and did not make it a burden... and the time lines , as a result. were workable... any thoughts on these issues?... and what fly would everyone like to start with?...or do we start with a free for all type fly? Thanks for the input.

#8 ·
I will await more replies for a couple more days... But how about the first swap will be "Best of the Season"...since the season is over... and the next swap to begin in early January will be Albie-FA flies????????? In a couple days I will put up the sign on sheet... same rules as last year...limit 6 flies...unlimited participants.

#11 ·
Fly Swap

John,

Count me in! I think that "Go-tofly" followed by "Big fly" and "Albie fly" sounds like a great start. Since my casting are=m is outof commission, I might was well tie one on!

Bestregards and have a good weekend closing up the CAC for the winter!

-Doc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.