Fly Fishing Forum banner

Winter trout fishing

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  bonefishmon 
#1 ·
My son has moved to Manchester, Ct. and is looking for a new job. Anyone know where there is good tailwater winter fishing for a weekend outing? Farmington?
This weather is too ridiculous for January to pass up.

Phil

#5 ·
There's a guide on the Farmington that has a ton of hatch info on her site that's updated very frequently. Her name is Marla Blair and you can Google her name to get her site, it should be the first search result.

(Sorry, can't post a direct link to her site per the forum rules for non-sponsor links.)

#6 ·
Phil,

Try the Shetucket in Baltic. They stock it with Atlantic Salmon all fall and early winter. Its fantastic when the water is down but don't even bother if the water is up. I've done well with Salmon and with nice holdover browns there in the winter.

#9 ·
Thanks for the info fellas! Dave. I'm old Shetucket hound and was on the board of TU when the DEP was feeding The Odd Fellows Home spent salmon for Christmas. The Thames Valley Chapter of Trout Unlimited is to be commended for their efforts to keep those fish off the dinner tables. It was a loooong time ago but I think the petition I started raised over a thousand signatures for the Commisioner to ponder over.

We will check out the Farm this weekend.

Phil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.