Fly Fishing Forum banner

Suggestion for Forum

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Tod D 
#1 ·
Why not have a section were people can post fishing reports. You don't have to give away secret spots just a general report. What do people think? Just a thought.
FisHHawk

#2 ·
Fishhawk,

This is the section for fishing reports regarding stripers and coastal gamefish. You wouldn't know it from looking at the past few months but that is because there is not much to report. Give it a month and this page will be full of reports.

#5 ·
The fly fishing only post is kind of an unwritten rule (at least I don't think it's written anywhere.) and expectation given the name of the site. The "line" doesn't get crossed very often and when it is the community generally polices itself through good natured ribbing/teasing. This is the purest general flyfishing site I know of and I hope it stays that way but I'm not sure a hard and fast rule is in order.

I'm personally guilty of crossing the "line" on a few occasions concerning cod - I'm still determined to get one on a fly this year though.

#6 ·
As a consumer spoken as if unassociated with this web media site thingie here, I feel that if it's a flyfishing site, you should maintain it as a flyfishing only site. If it's about jus' fishin' then call it jusfishin.com (by the way that domain name is already taken). :D

But if someone wants to talk about the 90 pound halibut they caught in 320 feet of water on a 30 oz. jig between surface feeding coho on their 8wts, that's an interesting bit of news to toss into the story.

On the other hand if a measurable percentage of the discussion turns away from flyfishing to curing roe, pink worms, herring chunks, etc... when then those posts would be better off on jusfishin.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.