Fly Fishing Forum banner

Flies for Keys Bones and Tarpon Please?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SteelBoneguy 
#1 ·
June 8th, I'm heading to the Middle FL Keys (Grassykey & DuckKey. I can't wait I've been tying flies here and there but recently was doing some steelhead fishing. Decent run in WI, caught some real nice fish w/ one fresh chrome female take me into my backing on my Abel Super 8. First time a steelhead took me into my backing was very cool. But Steelhead is basically over reswitching to salt mode.

This trip is all DIY. Had 2 guides before out of Keys and was not happy with them. I know there is good guides but frankly there is something about doing it on your own w/ no time schedule fishing as early or later as one wants.

We are renting a flats boat, I also have have Garmin GPS and recently bought the SW FL Bluechart for FL ($57on ebay I stole it!!). If you have GPS coordinates I'll take em, the more info the merrier.

Will be fishing ocean and bay side.

Get a healthy doese of good karma and indulge your fishing secrets. I believe in good fishing karma, from helping people and people helping me and I If you don't want to post your secret feel free to PM. I understand some spots can't handle the world wide web fishing them. Lastly I will not share secrets.

I can't wait!!

Jim

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.