Fly Fishing Forum banner

Also a Newbie

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  bcasey 
#1 ·
My names' Don and I live in Brampton, Ontario not too far from Danbo. I enjoy flyfishing in streams. (I'm looking to catch my first steelhead on the fly) I also cast from my kayak and most recently an Outcast Float Tube. Aside from pond fishing for rainbows and speckles I have done most of my flyfishing for large and smallmouth bass. Now that I'm retired from full-time teaching I'm finally able to get out in spring and fall and experience some river and stream troutfishing. With my background in the sport and having always tied my own flies I have been known to use some unusual strategies (like targeting pond trout with pike flies for instance). Even if I find a fly that works particularly well I'm still tempted to experiment with subtle changes in it's construction. The only thing I've never had the inspiration for is tying the old salmon flies with the exotic materials. Maybe my budget has something to do with that.

Looking forward to gleaning valuable info on tying and fishing from the experienced users of this board. I hope I can also add some insights to help out other members. This is certainly the most organized board with the greatest variety of topics that I have come across since I've been on the "Net".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.