Fly Fishing Forum banner

Posada choice Los Roques ?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  balticflyfisher 
#1 ·
Hi

Looking to book a trip to Los Roques this March,with 60 Posadas to choose from Im struggling to pick one.

Anyone have any recomendations?

Also wondering if we should do the all enclusive option or B&B,have never really liked being tied to an evening meal at the same place every night.However I read that there isnt much choice for eating out in Gran Roque?

Cheers Colin

#2 ·
Hi Colin,
Whats your budget? I guess it really depends on that.
I can recommend a real low end one, but you get what you pay for. We were 4 young bums there, and basically just needed a bed.
Its rather expensive to eat out, so we chose the "all-inclusive" package, which mean breakfast and dinner.
The food wasn't anything special at, actually rather boring (fish with rise, fish with potatoes, fish with pasta...). Again I believe you get what you pay for.

You should look forward, LR is such a nice place :)

Regards from Oaxaca, Mexico
-Lars

#7 ·
Tragic with that plane crash :frown: I feel sorry for the passengers and thier families.

Colin, we gave around 50 usd per day per person, sleeping 4 bums in the same room. If Im going there again with a larger budget, I would probably look into something else. But again, it fulfilled our needs and we didnt exceed our budget:)
Name is "Roquelusa"... A quick google search will bring you to their site.
Are you going there by yourself?

Pete, wish you a nice trip down there at the end of the month.

-Lars

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.