Fly Fishing Forum banner

New Member Registration-Please Look

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Jim Miller 
#1 ·
Juro (or whom it may concern)
I've been contacted by a fellow who wants to join the forum. But, he is having a difficult time registering.
Would it be possible to post up instructions on how to become a member?
In this case the guy was trying to register as "babbittgs".
Thanks

#2 ·
Jim et. al. -

With the advent of spam filters on mail services registration has become a problem for many. However, the forum accepts registrations and sends out a confirmation email.

If that email never gets to the person... there's not much more we can do. I have checked dozens of these cases and 100% of them were mailed out to them.

My suggestion - evolve to a better mail program. I use gmail and tested a registration and got it correctly with no problems.

It's free plus I get no spam.

#3 ·
This account did try to register but an email confirmation was sent out. The email used is a business address, ironically from a former employer of mine! I am certain the confirmation email did NOT make it as I worked there for years.

Also, required information was not filled in.

Here's what he can do - go to the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page and I will (like many many others) muscle it thru, or better yet -

use a compatible mail program and re-register.

thnx

Jim Miller said:
Juro (or whom it may concern)
I've been contacted by a fellow who wants to join the forum. But, he is having a difficult time registering.
Would it be possible to post up instructions on how to become a member?
In this case the guy was trying to register as "babbittgs".
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.