Fly Fishing Forum banner

Increase Client Base

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Warren 
#1 ·
Saturday was opening day of trout fishing season in Rhode Island. I’m blessed with having a state stocked trout pond one hundred feet from my property line. In past years there were as many as 75 to 100 children participate. This year there might have been a dozen children wet a line at best. The pond is a pretty safe place for families too with a very shallow bottom. The only current is a spillway overflow which really doesn’t interfere with fishing at all.

Yogi Berra once said, “The future lays a head of us.” How do we make sure that outdoor sports like fishing continue to flourish with the next generation of our youth? Many of you are parents and have children of teenage years. This is the target group I’m trying to address and solicit some advice. Hopefully this will increase my fishing fares in the immediate future.

I plan on retrofitting my current charter vessel to accommodate the changes of youth today, so they can fully enjoy fishing tomorrow. What better way for a child to grow and expand than to experience the “Great Outdoors” on the water. But I need help in several areas to accomplish this?

1. Can Bluetooth Cell Phone Technology be interfaced with my current Garmin Navigational System?
2. Can Play Stations2 Electronic Game be flush mounted to a center console?
3. What is the weather rating of such Play Station2 systems?
4. How many outlet ports would be required to plug in DVD Players, I Pods and cell phone charging stations, and a laptop to download pictures and text messages?
5. Lastly, since teenagers will not get up early to see a sunrise anymore, how does direct sunlight affect the illumination screens of electron games? Does one have to shield them somehow?
6. Have I missed anything?

See less See more
#2 ·
ROFLMAO All good questions Ray,

However I think the best thing to do is just take them out sans the electric gear & catch some fish. They will soon forget about the play station. My step son takes our two year old grand daughter out fishing & four wheeler riding. short trips only but she loves the out doors & is not to thrilled with TV.

This year she has a new Barbie Rod. As soon as the ice leaves & the pumpkin seeds are close to shore I will take her out for a hour or so a few nights a week. some worms & a bobber we should have some fun. I'll of course take a 3wt & a hand full of poppers.

Start em young and you will have a fishing buddy for life.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.