Fly Fishing Forum banner

CCA-Cape Cod, Next Meeting

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  bcasey 
#1 · (Edited)
The next meeting of the CCA-Cape Cod chapter will be on February 12th, 6:30pm at the Courtyard Restaruant & Pub in Cataumet.
Capt Steve Moore will be on hand to give a slide presentation and relay his experiances fishing the Cape. Steve holds a U.S. Coast Guard captains license and has fished the waters of Nantucket and Vineyard Sounds as well as the Cape's bayside flats for over a decade. He was on the staff of the Salt Water Sportsman magazine for nearly 5 years and is the past Chairman of the Massachusetts Chapter of the Coastal Conservation Association. He has had numerous articals and photos published in several local and national magazines, and is a member of the Mercury Motors Saltwater Pro Team.
In addition to Steve's presentation, we will be having an open forum discussion of how to take the Cape Cod chapter to the next level. What do the members want out of CCA ? How much involvement are we willing to offer, and in what direction do we want to go ?
During the last couple of meetings the timing of dinner has impacted the amount of time we have had to enjoy the speaker and to discuss the necessary business items, therefor, dinner will be in the form of a buffet and served promptly at 7pm. And a little easier on the wallet, too! The cost of dinner and the speaker is $15.00, and, as usual, our famous bucket raffles will be held with some great fishing tackle and related items up for grabs.
Next month the meeting will be back down Cape at the Olde Inn in West Dennis, but I hope to see as good a turnout this month as we did last, so, please call me to make reservations for dinner as well as to attend the event. 617-543-8354, before February 10th, if possible.
Remember, you don't have to be a member to attend, and your imput will be welcomed. Bring along a friend.
See you there,
Brian Casey
President, CCA-Cape Cod

See less See more
#2 ·
This is an opportunity for people in Massachusetts to have an impact on something you hopefully value. I think too few people realize how fortunate we are to have the access and quality of waters available to us.

I plan on attending and hope to contribute to make this chapter one of the leaders in ensuring that our waters & fisheries best interests are the paramount reason for any governing bodies decisions.

Roop

#4 ·
Brian -

Proud to have you in the forum, we'll do everything possible to help the Cape Cod Chapter of the CCA achieve it's goals over the years to come. The Cape has brought me peace of mind since I was a child, coastal policies are key to keeping it that kind of place.

Besides any chance to get the inside scoop from Capt. Moore is an opportunity not to miss!

#5 · (Edited)
Juro,
The Cape deserves all the attention we can muster. To live and play in an area with the beauty and serenity that she offers is too much to comprehend. I consider myself one of the most fortunate people on earth. Think of the many places there are that don't compare, it's endless. All of us have got to be proud of the area we have been allowed to call our own, and as well, have a responsibility to preserve and protect it. When I put my kids to bed each night, I think of what they have to look forward to, and I know what my job is. It's to provide for them, and to me that means more than just bring home the bacon. The little we do as individuals, when we add it all up,will make a huge differance and will also rub off on others as we go. It's infectious, and that's a good thing. It is my dream that we can make the Cape chapter a leading voice in the quest to maintain the coastal environment not only for ourselves, but for future generations to come. And with the support and guidence of people like yourself, Roop, John Morin, Pete Gray and all the others on this site as well as others, We are on our way! THANK YOU
Besides, we gotta have some way of finding Steve's secret spots ! :hehe:

#9 · (Edited)
Thanks Roop, I got you on the list. We will discuss the new formed CCA- Ma Fisheries Management and Legislative Committee and the need for Cape Chapter representation on it. Also we will begin to form an executive committee for this chapter. Now, if we can only get some of those secret spots out of Capt. Moore we could.......

BTW, after seeing all those flies tied at the Marlboro show, any of you that would like to donate a half dozen or so, don't be shy. At the CCA meetings we always have bucket raffles, and some home style tied flies would help out alot in the overall cost of the event, (hint,hint, Striblue). and that goes for all you plug builders out there as well. Just bring them along with you to the next meeting or get back to me and we can decide how to best get them there. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.