Fly Fishing Forum banner

CCA-Cape Cod, next meeting

2K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  bcasey 
#1 · (Edited)
The next meeting will be held at the OLD INN in West Dennis on Tuesday, January 8th, 2002. at 6:30pm

The speaker for the evening will be Tony Stetzko, holder of a World record, from the surf, 73lb. Striped Bass, "BERTHA". Who, by the way, will be accompanying Tony for the evening. Tony will give a slide and video presentation as well as his take on fishin the beach.

In addition to Tony's presentation, we will be having a lively discussion on Marine Protected Areas "MPA's", an update on the ASMFC Amendment #6 to the Striped Bass Management Plan, the NEFMC proposed changes to the Groundfish allocation, the new changes to CCA-MA and the implementation of the New England Regional Director and Management Staff.

Also, a quick review of the newly installed officers as well as positions needed to be filled, both locally and regionally.

The cost of dinner and speaker is $20.00, and bucket Raffles will be held with some great fishing tackle and related items up for grabs.

With the Mid-Cape location for this meeting and the prodding by the Lower Cape guys to provide a location better suited for their needs, we're expecting a large turnout for this evening, so , please call me to make a reservation for dinner as well as to attend the event. 617-543-8354 before January 6th if possible !

Remember, you don't have to be a member to join in. Bring along a friend.

Thanks,
Brian Casey
President, CCA-Cape Cod

See less See more
#6 ·
Case, I will have joined before that meeting but I would be wanting to be listed on the Cape Chapter, with a home address in Winchester for mailing purposes.. is that ok? Also, I look forward to hearing from Tony... I hope he brings some of his art work as he is quite an accomplished watercolorist. I ordered one of his prints which should be coming in the mail soon and look forward to seeing his original works as well. I look forward to the meeting.

#7 ·
John,
We talked about the issue of members wanting to be associated with a chapter of their choice at the most recent executive committee meeting (how bout that! me, an executive), and agreed that we will work on a formal change to the application form, but in the meantime, go ahead and join on line. This will automatically put you in the North Shore Chapter, once you have joined, you will receive a confirmation via e-mail. forward it to me, and I'll get the change in gear. The only real difference is what mailing list you are on, and I will be sure you get all mailings from the Cape chapter.
Welcome Aboard and thanks for your support.

#8 ·
Oh, I allmost forgot, John,
I ordered one of Tony's prints as well, can't wait to see it. An early Christmas present to myself. Tony says they were going out yesterday, I think. Nice stuff, interesting guy, i think the meeting will be alot of fun.
We will be having a banquet and auction in May, more details to come later, and Tony has offered some prints for the auction. I will ask if he can bring some more of his work to the meeting.

#10 ·
Case, I've been a member of the Texas chapter of CCA for several years; however, my SWFF for the past couple of years has been primarily on the Cape. My interest is in the striper fishery and its regulation to perpetuate a continued resource.Can I transfer to your chapter from my current chapter?

#11 ·
Jim,
We have been talking about creating a "Chapter Preferred" section to the membership forms. Many have shown an interest in belonging to a chapter which is outside their zipcode area, which is how the current setup works. The Mass State CCA is making up membership forms which will have this option. The next step will be to get CCA National to include the option on their renewal forms.
If you are interested, please e-mail me your mailing address and I will put you on our mailing list until we can get this option fully implimented (sp?). bcasey8994@aol.com
Thanks for your interest.

#18 ·
Jeff... I misplaced your phone number.. please call me today... I think I have a problem with going tomorrow night.. I will get in touch with Case... My wife wants me home for a small family B-day party for my son's 17th B-day... It's Jan 8th.. 17 is a great age,, except for the typical.. like , In low tones he asks "Dad, can I borrow the car tonight?".... I say.."no son, I think I may need it myself tonight"... he say.."WELL %$#@*&^ YOU TOO!!!!.... I HATE YOU, AND WILL LAUGH AT YOUR FUNERAL.... WHY CAN'T I, HUH.... YOU NEVER DO ANYTHING FOR ME!!".. AH... the joys of having teenagers.... so I would prefer to go but... I will know tomorrow. :(

#19 ·
I have a son in that age range too; he also has a "way with words", believe me - but as we remember ourselves at that age things are raging inside biologically and psychologically and each time he takes ten seconds to ask me about how I fixed the piano chair or wants to know about the business world after school it's as important as a 12 hour day of off-site team-building with co-workers when I consider it's coming from a young adult breaking from the protected shell of childhood into the cold hard realities of life.

Please tell junior I said happy birthday and as his world settles down in the years to come the three of us will be standing on a flat somewhere waiting for the tide.

BTW - I was a terrible teen. Sorry mom and dad! :rolleyes:

#20 ·
Juro, thanks.. believe me..I understand... He does love to flyfish and is a good and compassionate kid... I which I could borrow some of those hormones though. I must tell you something I found funny... but did not admit it so at the time.. My 11 year old daughter is in a town play.. "Hansel and Gretel".. One of her jobs is to prepare original covers for the program hand outs.. All participants must do so and she had to do forty.. which both my wife and I helped with.. My wife thought this would be a great family activity.. except my two boys. We made them help. So.. I did my drawings.. .. All had "Hanzel and Gretel" on the cover with some original art work having to do with the story... So my daughter comes in this morning and shows me one that was in the pile.... "it said "Hansel and his Elephantitis"... The art work was no less a depiction of that human condition in a specific area of the anatomy of a male... MY Boys! Glad we checked before she handed them in.

#21 ·
That's a great story John, I'll try to keep in the back of the memory banks for when my 12 & 9 year olds get to that point. It seems to be starting allready with the older boy and naturally the younger one is picking up on everything his older bro. does so it's startin with him as well.
Yes Juro, I remember those days well, Boy did I SUCK, no one could tell me anything. I will be bringing them along much more this season on some of the fishing trips, gotta get a ton of pictures to keep myself mellow while the malestrom passes by.

John, I understand if you can't make the meeting, Family allways takes the front seat. And there will be plenty more of these types of events to attend, but soon the kids will be out on their own and you and the misses will be bored stiff. RIGHT !

Of course I'll keep your name on the list in the event you are able to come.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.