Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bath Tub/Morris Island 6-22 Evening

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  juro 
G
#1 ·
Made it down to Chatham around 4:30, met up with Dave P. Put in at Outer Most Harbor. Fished the Bath Tube and out in front of Morris Island. Did not get one bite. Went deep into the Bath Tube down in that deep hole near the light house, didn't realize how deep it gets down there. Still not one fish for our efforts. Motored over to the Channel, by this time the tide had turned and water was starting to move pretty good. The little rip (eddie) started forming and then we got into some fish. Dave pulled out several 25", I got a 29", along with a bunch of smaller schoolies. By the time we left it was dark, we took out at Stage Harbor.

#2 ·
Craig,That's better than what Solo and I did at the outer bars. I left early after arriving about 4... no one there. I wonder how you did after I left Pete? As I left with a few of the local spin guys,Leon Long, who came up empty for the first time in along time, I thought a bus must have come. Hords of flyfishermen show up at 8.... at the slack.. Took some usual ribbing from the Chatham year rounders up at the lot. The late arrivals stayed around the light house as far as I could tell when I left. We'll need to head father down south beach and then out to the bars.

#3 ·
striblue (06-24-2001 10:00 p.m.):
<smip> As I left with a few of the local spin guys,Leon Long, who came up empty for the first time in along time, I thought a bus must have come. Hords of flyfishermen show up at 8.... at the slack.. Took some usual ribbing from the Chatham year rounders up at the lot. The late arrivals stayed around the light house as far as I could tell when I left. We'll need to head father down south beach and then out to the bars.
John -

Good thing we didn't have a clave planned - some people tend to finger point whether deserved or not. In fact it's too bad we didn't even meet up this weekend. With the weather as it was I decided to put in some quality time with the family after fishing Sat AM on the bayside. Sounds like the tides let you do some exploring away from the beaten path and the recent hordes too. Fishing on the bayside was awesome, I will post a report.

Craig -

I assumed with the morning / mid-day flood you would see fish coming over the flats... but it doesn't sound like it. Was the weather decent enough to spot fish down at Chatham?

Let's try to hook up sometime soon, I need another sight fishing fix!

Juro

G
#4 ·
Juro,

I would like to do some sight fishing myself, were you sight fishing on the bay side? We didn't see any fish Friday. Dave said he had a good day last Wednesday, but things were slow after that. Let's get together again soon, let me know what your plans are, so we can do it.

Craig

#5 ·
Yes, the bayside is fishing well right now - although I did get to spot a bunch on a shallow flat the weather prevented targeting them by sight and we were on Hawkeye's boat.

I hooked 6 legals and landed four of them up to 33" by lunch break on Sat., not to mention the numerous other bass 24" and up. The weather was a concern until it cleared up as the day progressed.

With your canoe you could enjoy an extended time out on the flats as they flooded but you need to be concerned about getting back in from rushing water up to your waist if you stay too long.

I would be happy to show you how to fish the area, let me know and get Dave's butt out there too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.