Fly Fishing Forum banner

Hendrickson Dun

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  boarmountain 
#1 ·
Here is my Hendrickson dun pattern. Opinions?

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
I agree wholeheartedly about genetic hackle, it's wonderful.
However this pattern doesn't use hackle, it uses deer hair for "legs" and forms a flat platform for the fly to ride low.Great for finicky fish. Also deer hair is great for floatation.
I will post a pic of a similar fly tied w/ a standared hackle style.

#12 ·
boarmountain said:
P.S.
what happened to the pics on all the boards? Now we have to click on a link to see them?
I was going to ask the same about the recipes in the archives :devil:

Until we upgrade the server we are constantly hitting the bandwidth wall as the number of people increases. Our webmaster is running some tests to see if going to a view-as-needed basis will impact our bandwidth in the interim.

If we are able to obtain the dedicated server we are trying to fund with current auctions (after the show funding, etc) then we should be able to turn images back on again provided we stay within the bandwidth limitations.

We have videos that we have not been able to enjoy, never mind pictures!

#13 ·
Mike, I did not realize you had such a fine touch with the trout flies.. I tied one the other night at the First Light tying session and I was all thumbs..... very embarasing... I need to start tying these...If you can tye trout flies you can tye anything...

#14 ·
Striblue,

I disagree with you about being able to any fly if you can tie a trout fly. I tied trout flies for 25 years before I tied a full-dressed featherwing Atlantic Salmon fly and it looked (still does because my wife insisted on keeping it so that I don't get puffed up) pretty bad despite taking me 3 hours to tie it.

Properly tieing a full-dressed featherwing Atlantic Salmon fly (not a spey fly, dee fly, or simple strip wing like a blue charm) takes a lot more skill than tying a trout fly, including those tiny little #24's. Classic New England featherwing streamers also take a lot more skill than a trout fly. If you doubt this, try tying a full-dressed feather wing or classic New England feather wing streamer and have it both look right and stay together when fished.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.