Fly Fishing Forum banner

Official Spring Clave Signup Thread

15K views 134 replies 45 participants last post by  petevicar 
#1 ·
Please sign up here if you are planning on attending the spring clave. The dates are May 18th-20th. As we get closer we can figures out the logistics but having a nice clean thread will help those attending make it another great weekend on the Cape.

Sean

List of those Atttending:

Sorry about the formatting. Apparently copy and paste from excel was not as easy as I thought it would be. I will try and clean it up later but as of now we are at 28 with most attending most of the weekend.

Fri Sat Sun
Juro ? Yes Yes
VTLoon No Yes Yes
JimD (w/VTLoon) No Yes Yes
PEC54 Canal No No
Jims ? Yes Yes
Jfbasser Canal Yes Yes
Bonefishmon1 Yes Yes Yes
Bonefishmon2 Yes Yes Yes
Bonefishmon3 Yes Yes Yes
Jaime Yes Yes Yes
FredA Yes Yes Yes
Fishawk Yes Yes Morning
Titleguy and Friends Yes Yes Yes
Popnesetbay Yes Yes Yes
SeanR Canal Yes Yes
Sean Juan Canal Yes Yes
Guernseybass No Yes Yes
Walt Yes Yes Yes
LuckyT Yes Yes Yes
Adrian Canal Yes Yes
Flydoc Canal Yes Yes
Striblue ? ? ?
nmbrowncom Yes ? No
CSJ60 Yes Yes Yes
JayFraser Yes Yes Yes
desmobob Yes Yes Yes
Fleshfly Canal Yes Yes
GMFlyFish No Yes Yes
Rooster Partial Yes Partial

See less See more
#3 ·
Juro,

Based on the other thread it looks like there are a number of folks planning on making it a long weekend. Lets assume Friday is a go and people can sign up and list the dates they plan on attending. I will be glad to update the first post periodically with the updated list.

Sean

#4 ·
Clave

Count me in for the 19th -21st (or so). The 18th is our anniversary; last year I was in Chokoloskee fishing for Tarpon on the 18th, but two years in a row probably won't fly.

#18 ·
I will definately be there saturday and probably sunday too.

I have to take my good lady to Logan on Friday night, so I can't make the canal on Friday but I would have loved to.

if anyone wants to hook up before then, I was thinking of trying the Tidal Flats on the west end at low tide one weekend, to welcome our visitors back.

Mark.

#20 ·
I'm hopefully in for Friday - Sunday and will hook up with the Canal rats for the Friday session. I expect to be in Chatham in time for the evening "bite" both on the beach and at the Squire :lildevl:

Mark, we will certainly be making some "noise" on the big ditch before 5/18, so, keep an eye out here (and elsewhere) for announcements.:smokin:

#22 ·
We can definitely do some instruction stuff as well for those who want to do it.

I can bring a ton of rods and lines and if we can get Juro to come he can as well. I now I would be happy to help some guys with some spey casting and I am sure Juro will as well if he can make it on Friday.

Paul C knows a lot about fishing the canal with the fly and the guy you want to watch for fishing tips. Basser of course knows the canal very well and can show us how to cast a conventional 300 feet :)

As for room there is plenty.

-sean

#24 ·
sean said:
We can definitely do some instruction stuff as well for those who want to do it.

I can bring a ton of rods and lines and if we can get Juro to come he can as well. I now I would be happy to help some guys with some spey casting and I am sure Juro will as well if he can make it on Friday.

Paul C knows a lot about fishing the canal with the fly and the guy you want to watch for fishing tips. Basser of course knows the canal very well and can show us how to cast a conventional 300 feet :)

As for room there is plenty.

-sean
East turn at daybreak for killer topwater action....don't wait to see the breaking fish...in May you can call them up with a big plug.....Paul C is in charge of positioning the fly guys on some of the mussell beds on the Cape Side...I'll just cast from the service road:devil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.