Fly Fishing Forum banner

If you don't like the weather ... wait a day.

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  FrenchCreek 
#1 ·
Sheesh! Sunday it was 81 ... then a cold front came sliding through and it was 1 degree above freezing last night. Hills across from Ashland are again covered with snow.
:mad:

#3 ·
Hammer, I think someone else 'feels your pain.'

Just called the fish line to check numbers (3-18-2004= 12,719 winter steelhead) and the flows been kicked up to 2200 cfs.

That with the normal run off from a good down pour feeding Elk/Trail/Butte, etc., creeks has got to have things snorting bytime it gets to Medford. Think I'll look up the water flows.

#4 ·
BRRRR!!!

Tell me about it. We're feeling it here in Sacramento too. Yesterday fished in my shorts and sandals, 84 degrees. Today fished in my shorts and sandals, froze my a** off! Guess it was premature to put the waders away for the season. But it was worth it. :cool:

#6 ·
Yeah, Fred...

You COULD live back East. (Yearly snowfall here in Rochester area is 120.5" so far - that's JUST OVER 10 FEET!)

The farmers call snowfall "Poor Man's Fertilizer"!

Yeah, we had a few days where it even broke 60 deg., but now are back to low 40s for highs.

Spring ain't here yet - gotta "suffer" through unpredictable April, but we're going the "right" way now.

But we STILL don't plant tomatoes because of possible frost kill until after the REAL Memorial Day - May 30!

So, be happy with what you have, and just "go fishin'"

BobK

:D

#7 ·
what he has!

he SHOULD be fishing,really slowed down midriver,the last two afternoons have been fairly quiet ,even the bait only guys have dissipated,,,`downer' hens are `on the feedbag' but it should be on fire up in his section,it's still `on' but getting spotty,any reports from `the highlands'?

#8 ·
Yesterday:
Shirt sleeves and 80F (26C) , fished the Bow and caught one huge brown and several large rainbows.
Today:
Light snow, 2C for a high, staying inside tying flies
Tomorrow:
Forecast for 12C, going fishing again

So Fred, you are not alone in the weather roller coaster!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.