Fly Fishing Forum banner

Charity Spey Clinic Folks! THE FISH ARE IN!!

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Robert Meiser 
#1 · (Edited)
Called up the toll free number to day to check river flow/fish count. The counter is due north of Medford at Gold Rae dam.

In one week the winter steelhead count went from 1000 fish to a little (Feb 29th) over 6,000! Bulk of the fish still appear to be holding below Tou Velle Park (we're at the upper Park on Saturday, and across river/up stream on Sunday morning.

FOR THE SATURDAY SESSION AT THE PARK REMEMBER THERE IS A $3.00 PARKING FEE. Not 'tickiee, you get tickee ... $75.00!! Bring some ones with you. We're on a public beach (not a park) on Sunday so there's no parking fee.

Directions to Tou Velle Park:

Off Exit 30 in north Medford onto 62 (Crater Lake Highway) approx. 4.5 miles to where Adobe Road heads off to the left. (If you miss it turn left at either of the next two left turns (Big R or Antelope Road--if you do Antelope Road, obviously you'd go straight ahead through the blinker light in the next paragraph) and head over..

Up Adobe about 1/2 mile to the 'blinker light at ANTELOPE ROAD;' LEFT at the blinker about another 1/2 mile to TABLE TOP ROAD.

RIGHT ON TABLE TOP approx 1/3-1/2 mile (JUST PAST THE TRANSFER STATION) to Tou Velle Park entrance on your right. DO NOT CROSS THE RIVER!!. Head up about three major parking areas to the top end of 'the island.'

I'm suggesting we start class at 9:30am on Saturday as this will give every one time to have breakfast at the Wild Goose/etc and get up to the park at a 'civilized' time of the morning, geared up and good to go. For you early birds who want to hit the river, sun up is about 6am.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Dinner with "The Redhead" on Friday evening.

I'm assuming everyone will be at our home on Saturday evening for dinner. BUT would like to do/get a head count for Friday evening. Please E MAIL ME at faevans@mind.net.

(IN THE AREA OF FOOD!!! if you have a preference (vegetarian, can't eat sea food, etc., PLEASE LET ME KNOW. It's darned easy to plan around your requirements if I know them ahead of time!!!)

Dinner on Friday will be BBQ Chicken, Green Salad, Carmalized Onions, and Baked potatoes. (I'm sure there will be plenty of single malt and red/white wine to help wash it down.:devil: )

Saturday's dinner (as presently planned) is a huge seafood pasta, toasted garlic bread, green salad, and etc.

DIRECTIONS to Fred/Joan's home in Ashland.

I-5 south/north as appropriate. OFF AT EXIT 14 (South Ashland Exit). If you're coming NORTH at the end of the off ramp turn LEFT and cross over the freeway; COMING SOUTH turn RIGHT and (either way) straight ahead up Ashland Ave to THE STOP LIGHT.

(For you staying at the Super 8 it's about 1/2 block on the left before you hit the light.

At the light, TURN LEFT UP TOLMAN CREEK ROAD about 50 yards (you're passing a BiMart and Goodwill store on your right) until you JUST cross the railway tracts. Immediately on your RIGHT is Takalma Way; TURN RIGHT and straight ahead 50 yards to where CLAY CREEK WAY forks off to your RIGHT. Our home is about half way down the block across from the park (new home under construction next door)

Fred/Joan Evans
2713 Clay Creek Way
Ashland, OR 97520
(541) 482 6386 - home
(541) 944 0404 - home cell phone
(541) 261-1475 - bank cell phone

For those of you fishing before after the Charity Clinic we expect you to join us for dinner. Which means (back to the e mail) let us know how many days you expect to pound the Rogue.

Weathers looking pretty darned good to boot; won't be 75 (as is today) but very comfortable.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=medford,+oregon

#4 ·
Hi Jerry!

At the moment I've got two, possible three, 'Gofers' so we're good to go. HOWEVER, having said that .. think 2005 or the fall reunion.

Everyone would really like to meet one of our best posters .. not to mention vice (now that sounds a bit off :hehe: ) around.
fae

#5 ·
This weeks weather forecast.

Wednesday
Mostly sunny. Highs around 70. Light winds becoming northeast 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.

Wednesday Night
Clear. Lows in the mid 30s to lower 40s. Northeast winds around 10 mph.

Thursday
Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower to mid 60s. Northeast winds around 10 mph.

Thursday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s to lower 40s.

Friday
Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower to mid 60s.

Friday Night
Clear. Lows in the mid 30s to lower 40s.

Saturday
Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s.

Saturday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s to lower 40s.

Sunday
Mostly cloudy. Highs around 60.

Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s.

#9 ·
Freddy Etal......

Shore lunch on Sat. will be:

Fresh Salmon steaks smoke baked over Hickory coals and Apple wood for 4/5 hours on the beach during Sat. AMs Steve/Way instruction.....Lunch at 1:00 or so.

The steaks are now marinating in a brine of salt water, black strap molassas, brown sugar, and blended garlic/onions/apples.

.......And will sugar glaze over night.

Fresh tossed salad and kabobbed veggies.

Sunday will be killer burgers.

I will also bring a few sticks to mess around with:

5/6 to 10/11 wts...... 11'7" through 15'.

Meiz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.