Fly Fishing Forum banner

Norvise tube attachment or HMH Premium Tube Fly Tool

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  NrthFrk16 
#1 ·
Since they cost about the same what one is better? I have the hmh starter set and thinking about asking Santa for an upgrade...

-sean

#2 ·
At the suggestion of Mark Bachman I purchased the HMH Premium outfit and have found it to be everything I need for tying all my tube flies. Tried the Renzetti and DynaKing tube vises but the HMH Premium tapered mandrels actually work better than both of the higher priced vises. Go figure.

Regards,

#3 ·
Sean,

IMO, ya can't go wrong pulling the trigger on either the (tapered) machined premium mandrels from HMH*, or the new NorVise tube fly attachment. If you really want to go 'whole hog' (or if Santa thinks you've been a good boy) the HMH Tube Fly Vise would look nice under the tree.

I use all three.

Then again, I've been a very good boy this year.

Igor

*The only difference between the HMH 'standard' tube fly tool and the 'premium' tool is the tapered mandrels.

#4 ·
I am super happy with my HMH Tube Vise and premium mandrels. I use both products for all my tube fly-tying. I also use HMH tubes, mostly the Cut-To-Length tubes: they are extremely versatile.

The guys at HMH put together a superb product, and are as nice as anyone you could wish to meet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.