Fly Fishing Forum banner

Soth Platte

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JohnM 
#1 ·
I have a chance to do some fishing on the South Platte in Colorado during the 3rd week of September of this year. Has anyone ever fished it and offer an "insiders" view ??

My intent is to not get a guide but to go at it alone......

Thanks !!
John

(PS: Forgive my spelling in the Subject Line !!)

#2 ·
Where on the South Platte?
This river is knwon for its picky trout, i.e. they know flies! There is some info on our site, www.coloradofishing.net
We also sell a guide map in the online store for the South Platte - it shows accesses, has a hatch chart and other general info. A very worthwhile investment for about $10.

#3 ·
Hi Karen -

John might be down at the Vineyard (off Cape Cod) and from what I hear lately he's got his hands full. Some large stripers are coming thru the islands lately. Thanks for your reply, I'm sure he'll get back to his computer soon.

I checked out your site, very nice. I hope to get out to the rockies one of these days; I've only been out on business w/o a fly rod. Talk about torture!

If you ever get out to Boston we'll take care of you.

regards,
Juro

#4 ·
Karen:

Sorry about my delay in getting back to you. My laptop crashed and I just got it back on Saturday. As you can imagine, I had a weeks worth of messages to go thru. Originally, I was going to be in the Colorado Springs area during the 3rd week of September. It looks like I am going to be in Breckenridge instead. I looked up the web site you mention and it looks great. I am sure I can get a lot of the info I need from here. Thanks again for the response !!

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.