Fly Fishing Forum banner

Are you ready for some... (no FF content)

3K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  teflon_jones 
#1 ·
For the record, what are your predictions for this weekend's NFL playoff games?

Mine:

Colts, Seattle, New England, Bears

Carolina looked strong but I think Chicago knows something about them when they pounded them 23-3 last time. It should be much closer but...

Gotta love the Steelers but... (thank you bus!)

Brunell might have some de ja vu from his UW days but it won't get him a win at Qwest. Seattle is feeling it and coming full force...

New England playoff monster as been awakened, this game is going to be a nail biter all the way as Denver is smokin' and playing hard in that thin air. It's been a while since the last Vinateri moment...

(but - your guess is as good as mine!)

#2 · (Edited)
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BROOOOOOOOOOOOONCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

The Pats are going to be deaf for weeks after this game with our crowd noise. Won't matter cuz they won't have to suit up again til next season anyway.:devil: :razz:

#3 ·
What's interesting about New England is that they really haven't played their best game yet. Their offense was nearly non-existant during the first half of the Jacksonville game.

Let's remember that Denver beat a depleted New England team during the regular season. It's gonna be a tough game, and if I had to bet money I'd probably put it on Denver, only because of the home field advantage. Both teams are playing well.

My other picks: Colts, Seahawks, and Panthers

#8 ·
Bears, Pats, Steelers, and Redskins. You gotta love the underdog even though the favorite wins about 80% of the games played immediately after the by-week (or is it "buy-week") in the playoffs (I think). Theoretically, that suggests only one of the teams I have picked should win. Of the four teams I picked, the Steelers is the one in which I have the least confidence.

#15 ·
The Pats outplayed the Broncos in every respect but they turned the ball over at the worst possible times. I've never seen a team turn the ball over so many times when it was so bad for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#18 ·
Got to take the good with the bad. Patriots won a lot of games, during thier run, the way Denver won last night. But the important thing is that the striper migration will get underway 3 weeks earliear than the last 2 years. Been much too warm for playoff football.

#19 ·
teflon_jones said:
The Pats . . . . I've never seen a team turn the ball over so many times when it was so bad for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Except when they had Bledsoe as QB :chuckle: .

I would like to have seen the Pats win, but I generally despise a team that's a so-called dynasty so it doesn't bother me too much that they are out of it this year.

Guess that clears one potential conflict with the Marlboro FF Show!

Q

#20 ·
flyjkol said:
with the pats gone who'll stop the colts this year.....
Albeit a meaningless game after both had clinched Seattle had them down 21-3 with both teams playing at full strength for the first half recently.

I say Seattle will stop them, and Paul Allen will get his reward, Mr.Allen you are the man! All Seattle has to do is play mistake-free and not lose their MVP running back in the first series on the goal line and the score will take them through.

Griz, Broncos played hard and fast and deserved the big win against my home team Pats but sorry dude Colts are going to put them down.

(tongue in cheek of course)

LAST CHANCE for Sunday predictions...

Colts over Steelers, Bears and Panthers? TOUGH call - I think Chicago will find a way over Carolina in a close one on their home turf via short field / turnovers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.