Fly Fishing Forum banner

Starter Rod/Reel for the SF Bay Area

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BARDY 
#1 · (Edited)
All right, I've been reading the archives on this site, and have sucked in a lot of great info. I know I need to get into a couple of local fly shops and talk to some folks. But I figured I would get some input from you all as well. I've decided I want a decent all around rod for use in this area. I figure I want to learn on panfish before I go to far. So I want a rod/reel combo that is good for that but one that will be at least a good back up later on and would be useful for trout or other fish as well. I also want to keep the price range down. Until I completly fall in love with flyfishing I don't want to spend a total fortune. I'd like to keep a full outfit under $450 or so. What can I say, coming from a spinning background $450 is OUTRAGEOUS for a rod and reel :Eyecrazy: lol. So if there is a great combo out there for way less than $450 bay all means, tell me!

Thanks!

Rich

#2 ·
Hey Rich...

An Echo 9'-6wt with an Echo 46 reel and an Airflo 7000 series WF6F line makes a very nice combo that will serve you very well as an all around outfit. It will run $250.00. There should be some Echo dealers in your area. Rajeff Sports distributes Echo products. Check Rajeff's site to find them.
http://www.rajeffsports.com/ If you can't find an Echo dealer that has demo rods and you would like to take a test drive let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.