Fly Fishing Forum banner

AM on the Nissy

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  troutbum 
#1 ·
I heard they just stocked it this week and I believe it tons of fish rising on cream caddis. Problem is they are like 7" max. I managed one around 5 1/2 - 6". They where so small they would miss the hook alot, alot being 2 other rise to my fly. I hope they are going to stock again with bigger fish?!?!?!

#3 ·
Troutbum, or anyone -

Do you know anything about the natural production of this stream? I recently caught a small trout with large perfect fins and a look like a fish one might catch way up in a backwater in the White Mountains or something. It did not look like the wrinkle finned derby trout I caught a little later that day.

If they are dropping jumbos in the stream now, where did Nate's small fry come from?

#4 ·
juro (05-08-2001 05:53 a.m.):
Troutbum, or anyone -

Do you know anything about the natural production of this stream? I recently caught a small trout with large perfect fins and a look like a fish one might catch way up in a backwater in the White Mountains or something. It did not look like the wrinkle finned derby trout I caught a little later that day.

If they are dropping jumbos in the stream now, where did Nate's small fry come from?
SSSHHHhhh...

#6 ·
Dunno where the little guys comin from, but it's been stocked 3 times so far, the latest being last monday, and i'll tell you I had a 14 fish day in there today on my secret peacock weapon, had local guys dropping their jaws I caught so many :) Sounds like youze guys found the secret spots behind the hossies? :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.