Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bonneville count?????

4K views 37 replies 7 participants last post by  Eric 
#1 ·
This can not be true! Any computer litterates out there that can tell me this is right?

#2 ·
#4 ·
Eric my fishing partners and I actually thought it was some kind of internet hoax or glitch. Thanks for the news links.
Juro with the fishing at NEAH bay underway and the Skeena counts looking solid as well it has the earmarks of being a real fine Fall but Fall always is fine:smokin:

#11 ·
Not sure I like to see all these steelhead. Yeah, I know, bitch when there are no steelhead then complain when there are. Wonder what the counts will be over Lower Granite later in the season? My annual trip to the Ronde was to be cancelled this year because of the ever increasing popularity of the river and a waning interest in steelheading in general on my part. A friend that has never been steelheading in the desert convinced me to make the trip one more time.

#12 ·
Hey Kerry, you old sour puss:hihi: But I know what you mean. Yesterday found a little trout stream totally covered in heavy dark shade by the house. I think it's going to be one of those " would you like some nice small trout for breakfast to go with the eggs dear"? Flyrod and a can of worms and no crowds except for a few elk, deer and deer flies. Child hood is coming home as life moves on.

#13 ·
I'm sure we'll now hear from BPA and Plum Creek etc that:

1) this proves there is no impact from dams and
2) clearcutting should continue until morale improves

I would reply:

a) can you freakin' imagine what this year would have looked like before dams and erosion????

#14 ·
Up at 4 am and off to the Deschutes for 1st trip out. Still dark when I stepped into river but could see the river had no vis. Blew out yesterday I guess from white river and two days of hot weather. Should have known better but the excitment of steelheading got the best of me. Will wait for cooler weather before going again. Fish counts remain strong.

#16 ·
Ahhhh the Deschutes curse has finally been lifted for me! Been here for over a week. The White has been a big problem but can be overcome by fishing big black winter patterns. Nothing on top yet all the fish have come from fishing deep.

Eric thanks again for last year.... it made the learning curve much shorter this year. The two hander is really starting to feel second nature at this point.

http://gallery.me.com/dkopij#100546

Setting out to float Pine Tree to Heritage again this afternoon. If anyone is on the river from now until Friday look for the guy in the maroon kick boat with a dog on the back and give a wave:smokin:

#18 ·
Everyone has there own reason (excuses).....

Hey OC I am waiting until there are at least 750,000 steelheads over Bonneville then.....:lildevl:
Actually I have a live in "Caregiver" to take over here at home in mid September I hope to get lost somewhere in Cascadia shortly thereafter for a month or two;)

#23 ·
Looking forward to seeing you all in September and moonlight maybe we can head on over to the Snake sometime after they stop letting water out of the dam. Looking forward to one of those wonderful days like old when one could hook 4 or five fish on first pass through and all on top too. With so many fish headed that way I worry about snagging fish using a floating line and an OC.:smokin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.