Fly Fishing Forum banner

Burlingame Cabins open April 15th

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
I did a little research & it seems that the Burlingame Cabins are opening April 15th. I think I am going to try to reserve one this coming week. I don't want to call it one of those "C-Words", but if anyone is interested in some RI fishing on TAX weekend, let me know. If you're interested in a cabin, check out http://www.riparks.com/burlgmcamp.htm

BTW: I finally have web access at home. As Al said, "welcome to the 90's!". My home email address is LOGO1.mediaone.net (note, email address is boat name!).

GregO

#2 ·
Greg -

Your enthusiasm is contagious. I just might join you down there, I got a qualofill sleeping bag for Xmas that would be just right on that bunk. Should be fairly easy to find willing schoolies in the area and depending on spawning times down south and what forage species are hanging around maybe some big boys. I've got no problem with poking around inside Quonny for bright schoolies right about now. Art Burton might be interested in showing us around a little more than we may already have in the past.

If I end up out on the Skagit Valley in the North Cascades in April, I'll have to back out of this to preserve my marriage. If I am again deprived of my spring native steelhead trip by work and other hazards, count me in for the weekend!

#3 ·
Is this opener trip still on for the weekend? It looks like a warm one, but if the wind doesn't die down in the northeast it could be a real workout.

The NH atlantic expedition is post-poned due to hell and high water. Called the F&H in Concord NH and they said it's pumpin' mud and a guy drowned fishing the high water.

#5 ·
JimO:

That post was from March 3rd. Basically with a crazy schedule I (we) opted for a day trip instead of an over nighter. Current Plan: Terry & I are meeting AL D. at his house in Lakeville at 5:30 AM. We should in Westerly by 6:30. If you want in on the day trip, we can meet somewhere. I have to run, contact me or Al at home this evening LOGO1@mediaone.net or Adeluca@mediaone.net. Hope you can make it. GregO.

G
#6 ·
It's been one long winter, but the season is upon us!

The sandwiches are bought, the cooler packed, the leaders checked, the flies tied. The car is gassed, the wife is kissed, the kid has been promissed (and some day he will come with me), my palms are wet, my throat dry, I doubt I'll sleep much tonight. I have the will, I have the skill, I have friends who can swim and the mortgage is paid. I have a brand new Redington rod that's never seen a striper and despite my somewhat flabby mid section I feel I could fish non-stop until Monday morning. And now all I need is for the next eight hours to pass quickly.

All are welcome to share in the antics. We'll be forming a game plan on the drive down, but West Wall is definitely on the dance card.

JimO, sorry our schedules didn't jibe up. Will we see you at the Bass River Spring Clave?

#7 ·
TerryW, GregO, and Al D. in attendence. West Wall at 6:30.
Jeruselam, Rhody. Meet us there.
Then it will be up in the air but we may work our way east as follows: Deep Hole, Charlestown, Quonny, Weapasnofg, Watchill, Cape Lookout N.C. ......

TerryW

#8 ·
I feel like a kid on Christmas eve. The coffee pot is set, the car is packed, the alarm clock is set for 3:15 (D'OH). The Diamondback, QD-325 & Tioga await their respective wake-up calls. I long for the sound of the pounding surf, the bite of salt in the nostrils, the spray on the face & the jerk on the line. Feeling the first rays of sun warm my face & wipe away the cold pre-dawn; I have not felt this since last November? And finally, enjoying the comradery of other who think as I do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.