Fly Fishing Forum banner

Victor's Candy

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  pmflyfisher 
#1 ·
The Location's are Yucatan, the Keys,Deep water Cay, Andros.....Hook- 1, 2, 4, or 6..... Thread- brown..... Tail- small clump of orange marabou..... Body- Tan/Brown ultra chenille.... Wing- Four strands of golden pheasant tip or elk hair or bucktail ,then four strands of Krystal flash..... Eyes- Black marking pen...... More details in Brown's book and designed by Bill Hunter.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hal, I am almost done. I think I have another 6 to do. I tied 130 of the 150 in Brown's book... There is still a series I want to do from Tim Borski and some others in Ververkas book and then some Chico Fernandez flys which for some odd reason were not in Brown;s book.... I figure I will add 50 more as the year goes on.. but I am pretty much done setting up our archive for future reference and st up a framework for any additions that someone wants to add to a particular pattern.

#4 ·
You must have some fly tying material inventory there.

Every time I try new patterns I usually have to make a stop at the fly shop for more material and have to account to my wife why I spent an extra $ 20- $ 30 for lunch this week.. ;) ;)

Never marry a women accountant who is now a Real Estate agent and can do math etc.....

Hal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.