Fly Fishing Forum banner

Interesting Deals at Cortland

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ronl 
#1 ·
I was looking for reference to the new clear floater (555 series) which cortland are rumored to be launching.

I didn't find that, but there are some great deals on rods & reels at 50% off! The double handed rods look interesting at that price - anyone have any experience with these rods? I wouldn't mind getting a double hander with a bit more punch than my trad. spaghetti sticks.

#2 ·
That 12' 6" 9/10 sounds like a good surf overhand rod. I recall they are stiffer than traditional Speys but that was a long time ago and who knows what changes they've made since.

I found a reference (not worth reading) in their WHATS NEW link from the homepage

http://www.cortlandline.com

#3 ·
Cortland 2 handers

If the 2 handers are as fast as the Saltwater model I have they should do alright with the overhead cast. I have the 10 wt Saltwater model(green with power braid) and I can easily cast a 12 wt full intermediate line with it. Just my $.02 ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.