Fly Fishing Forum banner

Shallow Water boat

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  sRobbins 
#1 ·
Selling the condo in Florida and I was thinking of bringing our 16.5' backcountry phantom up to the Cape for the summer. This is a real skinny water flats boat (drafts/pole in about 6 inches) and its alot of fun for sightcasting.... but of course the trade off is that it can be rough in chop.
I've been coming out to Chatham for the last 3 yrs, and taking the Rip Ryder out to South Beach and Monomoy flats. I know that this area of the cape would be too rough, but I was wondering if there are other places in the cape that would be well suited for this shallow water boat.... greatly appreciate your advise and insight, and would probably have an available seat or two this summer. :cool:

#3 · (Edited)
Might not be the boat you'd buy for up here but if you got it I'd bring it. Pick your days for Monomoy, Brewster flats, then there's always Barnstable Harbor.

Speaking of shallow draft boats, I was at brunch Sunday with the relatives. Told my cousin, who's in the boat business I'd be looking for shallow water boat and he said he had one, "lets take it for a spin", see if it's what you had in mind.

I told him I thought it was under powered by that dinky motor hangin off the back.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.