Fly Fishing Forum banner

Los Angeles

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Steven from MoV 
#1 ·
Anyone out there with salt experience in the LA area?

I'm on the left coast in June and my wife wants to book me a charter for my birthday.

What fish are in the mix out there?

#3 ·
Mark

I've not fished out of there but San Diego is only a short hop south and there are a lot of blue water charters for Tuna & suchlike. Inshore is supposed to be fun down that way too. Lots of fishy looking inlets when I was putzing around over there one week-end a few years ago. Not sure what its like with the new "No Fishing" Marine zones around Santa Catalina?

Take your golf clubs - Torrey Pines to the South, Pebble to the North :smokin:

#5 ·
Sprocket, I know what you mean. My B-day just corresponds with our trip to L.A. so she thought it would be fun for me to fish on the Pacific side.

Adrian, my boss can set me up at Bel-Air in L.A. but it's just not going to work. This is a family vacation so I have to travel light, my wife and son pack like their going for a month not a week.

#6 ·
If you don't mond driving five hours, I would recomend a horse pack trip into the Sierras for Golden Trout. Or fish Hot creek for a day. Probably the best brown trout fishery in the US if not the world. Something like 10,000 wild fish per mile!
If your not up for a drive, I wouldn't bother.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.