Fly Fishing Forum banner

Spacing guide problem according SAGE web site

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  hkmfly 
#1 ·
Hello!
I just have bought a Sage 7141-4 blank. In Sage spacing chart on their web site is written that between 7 - 6 snakes there is 17,25 inch than between 8 -7 snakes there is 15,75 inch.
I wonder is it normal? Here is all mesurement among guides from tip top (according Sage web site) :
8,3750in
9,5000in
12,0625in
12,8125in
15,0000in
17,2500in ?
15,7500in ?
15,8750in ?
19,7500in
At first sight for me it is not correct, in all my fly rods spaces among next guide are longer than before one towards the butt. So please if someone could explane me it, if I'm wright please write me correct spaces. I ask you becouse in Poland ( whereI'm from) is very hard to inform myself that question. And one small question: mesurment guides are from tip top down to butt that's ok- but for connected blank or disconnected?
Thank you very much and many greetings from Poland!!!

See less See more
#6 ·
Post this question on the Spey Clave or PNW Steelhead forum here on FlyTalk...it gets much more traffic the rodbuilding forum and I am positive you could find someone that has the 7141-4 and would be more then happy to measure the spacing on their rod.

#7 ·
Sage commitment to service is outstanding and a call to their toll-free number would be a sure way to get this clarified. If that's a problem from overseas I will gladly call and ask from here in the states.

I will also run it by Smitty, proprietor of our sponsor Rod Builder's Workshop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.