Fly Fishing Forum banner

Okay Juro...I Am Getting A Tad Excited!

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  NrthFrk16 
#1 ·
:eyecrazy:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks good! Hopefully we can get the popper guru himself to join in on the fun for a day. Gotta pinch those barbs though ;)

I am working on a candlefish tube, new for 2003. It's a re-make of one I used out on Swiftshure Bank many moons ago, we'll see how it works.

Tell Dennis I might have to give the secret weapon a swim out there.

#4 ·
While you're snipping ~

You can snip everything except the shank off the first hook - the popper head closes the gap so there's no way you'll hook a fish on anything except the stinger hook anyway.

Those look nice - and I'm sure the fish will appreciate them too! What kind of hair did you use - that Icelandic Sheep or ???

Can't wait to see those little poppers waking over the kelpbeds!

DS

#5 ·
Sparkey,

Dem poppers look good dude!

A couple things: You can hang that stinger back a bit farther to make a longer fly. Also, if you tie the materials and stinger mono away from the bend of the hook, you can snip off the hook up under the popper head. This will keep that little curve from snatching your tippet and fouling your fly.

Lookin good though. Maybe we can have a "popper off" at Sekiu.

Leland.

#6 ·
I couldnt find a pair of cutters heavy enough to snip the hook off...they fished well though.

Hit some beaches today...no coho to be found but there were some pinks.

One thing...I topped it off with a wicked color of flashabou but tied it in a tad long so I did have a minor fouling problem. The body is white polar bear topped with a greenish-blue polar bear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.