Fly Fishing Forum banner

Phly Welding...

10K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  Penguin 
#1 ·
some mono thread to dress the hook and to tye in some phur...
all the pheatherz and phlash... spot welded with magic voodoo light cured acrylic...
:Eyecrazy:

See less See more
#28 ·
Buggy insinuendo...

Just playin' around with shrimp-esque critterz...
When you can find an emptying guzzle with decapods being phlushed into the "mugging zone", the "house odds" take on a new slant...

#32 ·
I must be not in tune with the latest development...I have the Tuffleye, but have never tried the Bug-Bond...Is this something all fly shops carry? It looks much better than the epoxy and goop I always use. I will call you Pete.

#33 ·
John... Welcome back to the PHUTURE!

I'll bet you're still using Bryllcreem... :hihi:
We should "do lunch" and get you "caught up"...
here's a Bug-Bond, phlash surpressed version on a Mustad Signature Series #4 shrimp hook...

Hook sizes can be somewhat relative, arbitrary, and "close enough for government work"... Tiemco #8 on top, Mustad #4 Shrimp on bottom... :confused:

Mustad #6 Signature Series Shrimp AND... the most interesting J-Vise DamaSteel jawz in town...

#35 ·
At last, long last I`m back on line. Been without a puter for a year and a half! Pete, these look like everything else you tie..... superb. They bring to mind the fly that John tied a few yrs ago where all the hackles were epoxied to a collar of EZ body forming a tent over the body. I tied up a bunch of copies and they caught like mad. Looking around it`s nice to see a few old friends. Hope to run into everyone a Scotties show.
Steve

#36 ·
Steve...
Welcome back from your hiatus...

and...
just because it's Winter and no one else seems to be posting any pretty photos...
SOS...DD [same ole' stuff... different day]

and, last but not least...
mostly tied with thread but phinished with light cured acrylic...

SPRING... 90 days out on the horizon and countin'...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.