Fly Fishing Forum banner

Hide the women and children...

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  andre 
#1 ·
I am heading west for wild steelhead. Feels good just to say it! Thurs/Fri/Sat and flying back on Sun.

Look forward to hookin' up with you guys!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

#4 ·
Cow is awesome in October. I fished in tight along the run below the ramp. Needed a raft to get to the island, but two guys who did it got 5 in an afternoon. We ended up landing 9 fish over the 3.5 days, more were hooked.

Kalama is out of this world in October, dry lines in skinny water and fish hiding behind boulders willing to explode.

Also had some great days on the Upper East Fk Lewis in October, I'll dig up some good pics from there I have w/ blushing steelhead about to swim free.

#5 ·
Hey Steelheaders,
Take care of Juro for us. If you see him reach into his flybox and pull out a 6" long, olive colored, clouser type, sand eel fly, and start to tie it on...be gentle. In soft tones tell him to "step away from the flybox...put down the sandeel". Gently guide him back to some nice Steelie flies. Ya see, the boy can't help it after a season on the Cape of chucking these things into the mouths of huge stripers! Be gentle with him boys. Get him some fish too because there is nothing like a Juro Steelhead story around the campfire at striper camp.

TerryW

#7 ·
Andre -

I'd like to hit the Cow or Kalama on Wednesday PM and Thursday AM before heading up to BC on Thursday PM. Also will be hitting the Skykomish hopefully with Tony on Thursday evening and Sunday AM before my noon flight.

Any of those work for you?

Juro

#10 ·
Juro,

The cow or the Kalama might work,I've only hit the K one this year and that was for silvers got a couple and left with the nicest I last in fresh water. The Cow has some of the monster "harvest trout" areound so things should be going pretty good. Are you camping Weds night? I'll check the schedule manipulation program and see want it says.

andre

#11 ·
I'd like to camp Wed., but forecast calls for rain. That never really bothered me but I guess a low-end hotel in the area would be pretty cheap split.

We can take it as we go I guess. There are places in Centralia near the Denny's 24 hour, pretty affordable.

Give Brian a call on his cell if you're on for Wed. or Thurs AM.

#12 ·
I should be able to make it one of the days I'll make it Thursday morning as I have a tentative meeting Weds afternoon. If the meeting cancels I'll try and head up as I have been hitting the EFL those days lately. The flow is at 11.13, the house run and the island have been fishing well! see you there.

andre

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.