Fly Fishing Forum banner

York River today!

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Venture 
#1 ·

K.... good!! Lots of snow to keep the levels!!

Ann

See less See more
#3 ·
Ann - Thanks for the photos!

I thought I knew York 9 and 10, but I don't recognize either of these stretches ... :confused:

Are these named pools or shallow bits between pools? If they are pools, could you tell us which ones they are?

And, thanks for the great news about the snow pack - good water levels = good early summer runs - great news for the fish and the anglers!

Jim Corrigan

#4 ·
Morning!

Jim,
The pic of York 9 was taken from the bridge (Rte 198) just above Montagnard.

The pic of York 10 ( again taken from Rte 198) looking up river towards Stoney Beaver...

More pics will follow later ( for the moment I cannot access the other sectors ) :roll:

Fontinalis,
No, compared to last year.... there was less snow.

Have a great day!!

Ann

#5 ·
Thanks Ann! You had me worried ... I can 'see' the spots now that I know where you took the pictures from. :hihi:

Bring on those early-season river shots as soon as you can get to the pools ... your public awaits your great 'off-season' views of the rivers.

I'll be on the Gaspe-town rivers in less than three months! It's something to dream about ...

Thanks again for the great pictures!

Jim Corrigan

#6 · (Edited)
Morning Anglers,

Here is an update of the York. (pics of this morning)

Still lots of snow..... rivers are rising!!

We have seen quite many (black salmon) on their way out at sea.

We are looking forward to the opening, which by the way, was changed to May 22nd and not May 19th as stated before. ( This was confirmed and voted yesterday evening at the Zec annual meeting).

We will be exploring the waters later ( levels permitting) that opening week for "Silver Bullets"...
Have seen some as early as May 20th and you'd be surprised to know how far up river!! :rolleyes:

K..... I'll be back on the waters to take pics, as the snow melts...

Get your flies ready, it's coming soon!!

A..

#8 · (Edited)
Morning Salar-1

This early 2007 opening is a one year (exploratory) project. Each angler will be asked to fill in some type of survey ( haven't seen it yet) ...on fishing conditions, sectors fished, releases etc.... They will have 48hrs to fill it in and it bring back to the Zec.... or else!! :confused: :)

This way, it will be much easier for the the Govt' and Gaspe Zec to help decide (with these stats) if this will be an ongoing thing or put an end to an early opening in the future.

See you soon!!

Ann

#9 ·
Hi again,

First pic: Murdoch Pool this morning
Second: Looking up river towards Cuve.

I know, it looks high and fast waters....
But, to my surprise, not that much snow left in the woods.

A few places where there is more shade..there is still snow.

Have a great day!!

Ann

#10 ·
High / Low...... it still looks great. The hardwoods all have leaves and blossoms down here on the island. Soon you too will see the spring bloom on the Gaspe. Can't wait till I get up there this season. Will go to my cabin first on the Matane and then come and see you. In any event, keep the pictures coming. I love your spirit. See you in July.. Thanks for all your help Ann.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.