Fly Fishing Forum banner

I don' need no stinkin' Intruder!!

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  speybum 
#1 ·
Okay, intruders are awesome, but they are a hassle to tie, and they pretty much look like squid. Here's a pattern I've been fishing on and off for the last couple of months after seeing Jack Cooks' prawn at the "Silver Reeach tying roundtable". Basically it's a purple and black version of a pattern I've fished for stripers and white sea bass in Monterey Bay Kelp for years. Nothing at all original. This is a sparse version, but even a fully dressed one takes about 5 minutes to tie. It's taken salmon, but I haven't had the chance to really work it on steelhead. Let the flame wars begin :chuckle:

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
highlander2 said:
Yes, it does indeed have a sort of phalic style to it...:hehe:
But seriously phil I think your on to something here, I would maybe add a bit more at the rear of the fly for steelhead though to bulk it up a bit.

Brian
Hey Brian. I tie them bulkier, with Yak and they look a bit like Jack's prawn. This is the sparse version. I've also done a body veilling with sparse Rams wool. Lost all of those. Need to tie more up.

Phil

#8 ·
Philster

Cool looking fly, Thanks for the Sample.
I know a few Chinook Fans that will love this, in Chartreuse , Pink and Fuchsia.

I think even Fred would love them on a double.

I couple for tilde influence runs Southeast Alaska that This would be real plus for Steelhead, Rainbows, Dollies, and Salmon.

How does it look in blue???????????????????????????????????

:smokin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.