Fly Fishing Forum banner

Too many patterns, too little time Crease Fly

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Bob Pink 
#1 ·
Well, my last tying frenzy b4 the season actually starts is in full swing. Seems like every few days I stumble across a pattern that catches my eye and 'begs' to be attempted. I'm not always worthy of the task but there are a few nice results.

Crease Fly
Nice decription in the Veverka book about Capt Joe Blados' 'CreaseFly' creation. You have to see the detail he put's into the coloration on his versions. Simply works of art. Here's one i tried

Double Bunny
When I got my tyers catalogue from Hunters in NH this year there was an illustration showing two Zonker strips glued back-to back for a very nice looking fly. I attempted to copy it but couldn't find an adhesive that would secure the two strips and stay flexible. I visited their shop about two weeks ago and Dan Fitzgerald up there was very helpful. (If you decide to try it, order some "Fletch-Tite" from Cabela's or your favorite archery shop).

[IMG=http://www.stratford-associates.com/images/double bunny.gif]

Big Bootee'
Thought I'd try a 'spreader' type pattern using E-Z body to build a head profile. The method works really well, stays sparse and shows colors very nice. This one is a Sea Fibre wing & body with light brite for a lateral flash line and topping. The scanner flattened out the body and made it look a little 'squared off' in the back but it still tapers well.

See less See more
#2 ·
RE:Too many patterns, too little time Double Bunny

Double Bunny
When I got my tyers catalogue from Hunters in NH this year there was an illustration showing two Zonker strips glued back-to back for a very nice looking fly. I attempted to copy it but couldn't find an adhesive that would secure the two strips and stay flexible. I visited their shop about two weeks ago and Dan Fitzgerald up there was very helpful. (If you decide to try it, order some "Fletch-Tite" from Cabela's or your favorite archery shop).

[IMG=http://www.stratford-associates.com/images/double bunny.gif]

#3 ·
RE:Too many patterns, too little time Big Bootee

Big Bootee'
Thought I'd try a 'spreader' type pattern using E-Z body to build a head profile. The method works really well, stays sparse and shows colors very nice. This one is a Sea Fibre wing & body with light brite for a lateral flash line and topping. The scanner flattened out the body and made it look a little 'squared off' in the back but it still tapers well.

#5 ·
WOW! Bob, I hope you forgive me for the joke about your leg injury being a good thing because of your tying skills this winter... but your tying skills are pretty impressive. So, to make up for my comment, I wish you didn't injure your leg so you wouldn't be tying so many great looking flies and driving me crazy!

Nice stuff, your fly box runneth over...

Juro

#6 ·
Juro, it's becoming a sickness. Yesterday I'm at CVS buying plastic fingernails so I can try some 'spoon-flies' that I saw on the Nor-East page...
Never mind the fly box running over, I'll never get out fishing since I will never decide what patterns to bring. Hmmm, maybe I could tow a skiff behind 'Double-Happiness' with my inventory at the ready...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.